Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well it seemed that the 13 miles in racing flats finally caught up to me yesterday. I didnt feel too bad on Sunday after the race but I think that was due to the fact that I started drinking the complimentary beer after the race before the adrenaline could wear off. So yesterday the achilles/soleus area on both legs was pretty sore. I guess that is to be expected though since I hadnt run at all in my racing flats since my last race last fall. Therefore because I dont have a personal masseuse I decided to hit up the TP Massage footballer last night. I found a few really tender spots to work and even though it was quite painful it will definitely help prevent potential achilles problems. I also took the quadballer to my IT band which was also exceedingly painful but that is pretty much par for the course. Hopefully though with only an easy ride this evening and easy run tomorrow evening I should be pretty well recovered within the next couple of days.

No comments: