Saturday, February 16, 2008

At the bar at 1:10AM; At the pool at 5:30AM

Had a lot of fun last night. A friend of David's is in a band, Seducing Alice, and they were playing at a bar last night so a group of us went downtown to enjoy some music and drinks. As David said, "I never even got to celebrate my race!" Well put, David. The band was great so we drank, and drank, and drank some more and all of the sudden it was 1:10 in the AM. To most normal people, this isnt that late to be out. However, when you have to get up at 4:55 that same morning to go swimming, you should be home and sleeping at 1:10. So I headed home, got to bed, and at 4:55 dragged my butt back out of bed and headed to the pool for a nice 4500yds. Then it was off to meet some people for a nice 1h trail run before pancakes and an incredibly awesome nap. Surprisingly enough I made it though the morning workouts OK and of course the nap was money.

BTW, according to David, two of the band members majored in aerospace engineering at Auburn. Only in Huntsville do you hear a band at a bar which has multiple aerospace engineers as members...

2 comments:

Judy said...

I am laughing at your title - that is just a crazy thing to do!!

Andrew said...

Luckily I dont have much of a social life, so this kind of madness doesnt happen much ;)