Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Last night was another evening of fun on the trainer. This time it was 6x6min Zn4 which caused me to draft another letter to Paulo:

Dear Paulo,

Please see the post from Jan 29th. Not much has changed.

With Regards,

Andrew

The thing that I dont understand is why Zn4 workouts on the bike are so much more painful than those when running. I really dont get it. If someone has an explanation for this I'd love to hear it. Or who knows, maybe I'm just the only person whose Zn4 RPE is vastly different between the two sports. If so, maybe thats why I suck so much at biking? In the end it doesnt really matter at all but it would be nice to have an explanation. Maybe this is one to take to mobs of ST...

3 comments:

tfo said...

I also hate Z4 intervals and we are tortured by the same person. But I think running intervals in Z4are harder for me.

TriCoachTre' said...

Agreed. Zone 4 on the run feels frickin' hard but zone 4 on the bici actually feels okay. Keep doing them and you'll have big quads; it's just the feeling of the muscle separating away from the bone. No biggy.

Your coach is still a hearless psycho. Wish I could afford him.

Tre'

Andrew said...

Wow, 0-2 thus far. Maybe its my running background that makes the running workouts seem easier. In HS, we did so many VO2 max type workouts that the Zn4 stuff feels much more relaxed. Maybe I need to get another runner's opinion on this one...