Thursday, February 7, 2008

After missing yesterday morning's swim due to a tornado warning, it was nice to get back in the pool this morning. Actually it wasnt, at all, as there is nothing "nice" about waking up at 4:30AM. I remember when I used to make fun of people that did that...

Anyway, on the bright side at least I had a good workout. Come to think of it, it was really the first time since last spring that I really felt I had gained some appreciable fitness, which is always good. Last summer and fall I was just kind of maintaining as I had to cut back on the volume to finish the thesis which caused a bit of a plateau in my fitness. But now that I've had a couple of solid months back in the pool, it appears that I'm back on my back to getting faster in the water. Naturally I dont expect the gains to comes as fast as they did when first started swimming, but its always fun to get faster... and that is worth getting up in the morning for!

No comments: