Thursday, March 6, 2008

So yeah.... really didnt want to get out of bed this morning. This was one of those, "but my bed feels soooooo good and its cold outside and I really dont feel like swimming" mornings. But alas, I climbed out of bed and made my way to the pool. Of course now that the workout is over I'm glad I did as I ended up having a decent 5x400 workout. Decent but not great or even good really because I've been having a hard time replicating the intensity from last year. I think its the combination of swimming both by myself and before the sun comes up that makes it hard to get in a really high quality workout. Typically when I do the 400s, for example, I end up dropping about 10 sec from the 1st to the 5th simply because it takes so long to get going. I think from now on I'm just going to have to really HTFU and work the first couple really hard without worrying about the later intervals since I dont think I could even positive split them if I wanted.

No comments: