Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New shoes and a fast long run

Well I got some new shoes, Asics DS-Trainers, a couple days ago from my pals as First Place Athletics here in Huntsville. Although I've only had a couple of runs in them, the verdict so far is a solid 'B'. They run a little short so I had to go up to go up half a size and unfotunately I think that may have made them a bit wide for me. However, I have pretty narrow feet so they are probably fine for most. Other than that they have a really nice ride, especially for DS-Trainers. I would almost say they are a little too soft but they are still nice and light, so its all good.


As for the run, today I had a nice 15 miler with 9 miles at tempo and I felt awesome. I wore the DS Trainers and was just floating along during the tempo, keeping the HR where it needed to be and staying relaxed. I ran the last couple of miles on the marathon course so I could see how fast I was running as the mile markers are painted on the road. I ended up running 5:53 and 5:50 while keeping my HR about the same as it had been for the rest of the run so that was a good sign. Overall it was great to have a nice solid tempo with the Cali 70.3 just over two weeks away.

No comments: