Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just another Wednesday long run but this week with the Cali 70.3 a mere 10 days away Paulo was kind enough to shorten it by 10min. What a guy. Just as well because it was realllllly windy out there, much like I here it is out at the LCHPTC right now (which of course is where I'd much rather be right now). David and I did the normal long run loop and as it turns out there is a sharp left turn where we head out of a neighborhood and onto a larger, slightly busy road with a sidewalk. Of course this also happens to approximately coincide with the beginning of the Zn3 fun. Well today we turned into a HUGE headwind and had to fight it for the next 35min. Needless to say, it was not much fun. Just as we were finally about to turn out of it, it even decided to gust up a little harder, as if it was trying to prove a point. So then of course we hauled ass the last 10min of the tempo which was a lot of fun.

Now it is bike assembly time. Have I ever mentioned I really dont like carbon fiber? It should really be banned from use for making bicycles... Anyway, hopefully I'll have thing together sometime in the near future so that I can actually take it out for a couple of rides before the race.

No comments: