Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to the grind

Well after a surprisingly fun weekend in Kansas its back to the office. I kind of just expected this this trip to be a quick, uneventful, weekend but it turned out to be a lot of fun. It was still short as I few into Kansas City Friday afternoon and left Sunday at 5 but I ran into a surprising number of friends at the race which made me want to hang out a bit longer in Lawrence. In addition to a number of Timex teammates, I got to catch up with quite a few of my friends on the circuit and meet a few people as well. Additionally, downtown Lawrence was really cool and I certainly wouldnt have minded hanging out there a little longer and having a couple of colds ones on Sunday afternoon. But I only have so many vacation days so I had to jet back to Huntsville to get back to work however I do want to give another big thanks to my host, Dale, who went out of his way to make me feel welcome.

The race report will come soon but here is a quick preview/teaser...


1 comment:

Matt Calarco said...

Are those sweet potato fries? You big tease . . .