Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Orange Parmesan Vinegarette

I've been trying out some homemade salad dressings and I've found one that I really like. The advantage of making your own dressing is that you can cut out a lot of the added sugars, preservatives, and artificial flavors found in most store bought varieties. On to the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 orange
1 shallot (chopped)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1 tbls white wine vinegar

Over a medium sized bowl, zest the orange before squeezing its juice into the bowl. Add remaining ingredients, wisk, and there you have it! A delicious, easy to make salad dressing.

I've been taking some mixed greens and/or romaine and adding grilled chicken, feta cheese, almonds, avacado, sunflower seeds, and chopped red onion for a tasty salad. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shelbyyy@gmail.com said...

Always looking for a good dressing, thanks! Its good with ginger too.
Regards,
Shelby
ps How much did you love that Jim was fully prepared to leave Pam at the party?! classic.

Andrew said...

Yeah, that was hilarious! I heard last week's episode was good as well but unfortunately I missed it. I'll have to watch it online before Thursday...