Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm hanging out here in Tuscaloosa but unfortunately I forgot my cable for my camera so pics will have to wait until I get home. Anyway, it looks like USAT is doing a pretty good job this year. Checking in was a piece of cake and the city really seems to be getting behind the race. There are "Tuscaloosa Tripalooza" signs up everywhere and they even have a "communication station" set up even though this is the day before the races. I really think it helps to have Olympic Trials and Collegiate Nationals on the same day as it makes it a much bigger event which makes it easier for people who otherwise wouldnt care to at least understand there is something marginally important happening.

Off to the pasta dinner in a bit then hopefully things will go as planned tomorrow...

5 comments:

Matt Calarco said...

Looks like everything went as planned. Must have been the Chipotle. ;-)

P.S. You're fast. I'm doing an Oly tomorrow, and something tells me I'm not gonna be in around 1:54!

Great race, Andrew.

BLM said...

nice job at nationals

TriCoachTre' said...

NIce work! You're my hero. Rudy did well, too.
T

martygaal said...

Congrats Andrew. Are you still in school?

Andrew said...

Thanks everyone!

Oneinfive: No, I'm not still in school but was eligible to race because I graduated in January. I actually finished up in October of last year and started my job at NASA right away.