Monday, March 23, 2009

Mar16-22

S: 32,100 yds
B: 8h 52min
R: 2h 30min

Total: 19h 49min

On the bright side, that was the most real running I've done in a week in a while. Unfortunately though all of it was easy and I'm still not able to run longer than about 35min without any pain. It seems like every time I make a bit of progress and think I'm turning the corner, I have another setback which obv makes it a bit frustrating. Really though, as long as I can continue to keep extending the time I can go without pain, I'll be confident things are improving. In the mean time, I just have to channel Bill Murray in What About Bob, "baby step onto the elevator... baby step into the elevator... I'm *in* the elevator."

2 comments:

Nick said...

Hi Andrew,
I just can't take reading about your IT band issues anymore without giving you these exercises. I feel odd giving you advise b/c you are obviously more experienced in the sport than me. I can tell you that these had me running substantial distance again within 10 days after suffering with ITBS for a few months. Now I still do these twice a week as part of an overall core strength regimen to maintain solid biomechanics and I haven't had even a hint of a running injury since. Anyway, here they are: http://swimshady.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-recover-from-itbs.html
Nick

Andrew said...

Hey Nick,
I just checked out the link... thanks for posting it! I've been doing a couple of exercises but these look great; I'll have to give them a shot. One thing though, next time you should find a better looking model...