Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dec21-27

S: 22,700 yds
B: 4h 50min
R: 4h 31min

Total: 15h 19min

Pretty awesome week with lots of good food, sleeping, and relaxing.

The highlight was, without a doubt, Christmas Day. After being awoken before dawn by a 7 year old anxious to open presents, I only had one gift to open. Because of this, I was on breakfast duty. Being Christmas, there was no fooling around, so I was tasked to make blueberry jelly stuffed pancakes on Sarah's new Ebelskiver Filled-Pancake Pan. While prepping the batter took a bit more work than traditional pancakes and cooking them was especially a pain, the extra work was well worth it. The cakes were crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside, with the jelly providing a nice surprise.

After a little relaxing with coffee, it was time to GTWD. Despite a little snow and 25+ MPH winds, I got in a nice easy 12, running an out and back on a road through the middle of no where. Although the weather made it tough to get out the door, once I got going it was actually quite exhilarating. Despite the wind, I got into a nice grove and didnt seem to notice how cold my hands and arms were until I finished and jumped in the warm shower.

Waiting for me upon arrival was an irish coffee (coffee, Jameson, brown sugar, and whipped cream) followed by a Christmas feast of beef tenderloin, mashed cauliflower, and sauteed balsamic carrots. Good stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amazing stuff thanx.Waiting for next post.




Website SEO