Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting out of dodge

So yeah, Bruce, that happened...

I know its been a couple of weeks since Florida was steamrolled by the Alabama but I am still reminded of it by cooworkers on an almost daily basis. Unfortunately (who am i kidding... fortunately) I was not able to watch the defense do their best imitation of this year's spectacular unit from Florida State. I also missed another remarkably mediocre effort from the offense lead by the clueless Steve Addazio. To make matters worse, I was in Birmingham for the slaughter, a scant 45 miles north of Tuscaloosa and a town so overflowing with crimson, it makes the battlefield at Gettysburg look green.

While the density and shear volume of toilet paper and detergent toting fans is marginally lower here in Huntsville, it is still higher than any sane person should have to tolerate. Therefore, in order to alleviate my pain, I've decided to head out to Maui, HI, on Jan 10th for an entirely different kind of suffering. This will be a physical beating rather than the emotional anguish I've had to deal with here as I'll be attempting to not embarrass myself too much in front of Simon, Paulo, and the Canadian National Team.

Oh, and did I mention I'll be in Hawaii??? I better not forget my bathing suit!