Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trainer Tuesday

Last night was another dreaded Tuesday night on the trainer which I was especially not looking forward to after a particularly awful experience with the 5x6min last week. I went out too hard on the first one and then had an extended stay in Sufferville for the next 4 during which time the PE increased but the power plummetted. So this week when I saw 6x6min I realized it would probably be a good idea to actually try to keep the same power throughout (or maybe increase a bit) rather than going out too hard and blowing up.

The result? Mission accomplished. The average power for each 6min bout was +/- 1 watt from the overall average with the exception of the first 6min effort which was three watts low. Furthermore, the average for all six was higher than the average from a similar workout last summer so I'm pretty happy with how it went.

Looking back, I think the success of the workout can be attributed to one thing above all else. Even though I was listening to one of my Pandora stations to help take my mind off the pain, I also had a college basketball game on TV. While I wasnt really watching and couldnt even tell you who was playing, I did catch Erin Andrews interviewing someone while I was warming up. This was far and away the highlight of the evening and clearly resulted in such a kick ass workout. So while watching college basketball on ESPN in and of itself doesnt provide any benefit, the mere chance that you will be graced with the presence of the heavenly Erin Andrews undoubtedly makes it worth tuning in.

3 comments:

MarkyV said...

who's erin andrews?

Andrew said...

A reporter for ESPN. For details, check the link on her name...

Tracy said...

Great job on constantly getting the work done!
Tracy