Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 and MLK day

First off, some may have noticed some slight changes to the right (your left) side of the blog. These are the sponsors for the upcoming year, most of which came through my spot on the Timex Multisport Team. I've been a member of "Team Timex" for the last two years and am happy to announce that I have signed again with them again this year. I was really pleased with the direction the team moved last year and am looking forward to even better things this year. Tristan, the team manager, does a great job and all of the other team members are really positive so I'm just honored to be a member.

In other news, I should thank MLK Jr for being awesome enough to have his life warrant a federal holiday. After a nice swim this morning, I went out to run some errands, one of which was to Publix where I had an entertaining encounter with the checkout lady. A few days ago I saw a recipe for "The Ultimate Homemade Tomato Sauce" posted on MDA's blog which I thought would be very tasty over some pasta. I had most of the ingredients but needed some red wine and herbs. After gathering everything I proceeded to check out at which time I was ID'd for the wine. This is a pretty regular occurance for me so I had the driver license out in order to expedite the transaction. Apparently however, the checkout lady had other ideas. She stared at the license for a while, glanced at me, turned the license over, another glance at me, then asked,

"Do you have something else with your name on it?"
"Sure..." I kindly said even though I'm thinking, "You've got to be kidding me!"

So I handed over my Discover Card, she looed at it, matched the signatures, then asked,

"What is your birthday?"
"August 16th, 1983." I answered. Thats right, I was born in 1983, which makes me 25 and this lady is grilling me like I'm a 16 year old trying to score a six back of Bud Light. Finally she reluctantly returned the ID and credit card at which time I asked if she would like one of my business cards. She doesnt reply... I guess I should be glad that I dont look old but this was a bit humerous.

Happy Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.!!!

No comments: