Sunday, January 4, 2009

mmm pancakes

Saturday was another swim with the kids, upping the number of the sessions last week with them to three. Luckily I then had today off from swimming because Saturday wasnt fun at all. As I made my way to the pool, my arms were already sore and I knew I was in for a long day. The only thing that got me through the workout was the thought of pancakes at the end.

After thinking about them for 2 hours in the pool, they were everything I wanted and more. I used Alton Brown's recipe with a couple of alterations. Rather than using buttermilk, which I didnt have on hand, I used regular 2% which did the job just fine. I also added some macadamia nuts after pouring the cakes on the griddle but before flipping. Finally, I topped them with some blackberries and maple syrup. A nice cold glass of milk was the perfect complement to a delicious post swimming meal.

No comments: