Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today was the last day of RSRM camp which meant it was finally time for the static test!! A static test is, well, pretty self explanatory. Basically ATK straps a rocket to the ground and lights it up. So for two minutes you get to see a huge flame and feel a few vibrations. They claim they get all kinds of data from it, but I just think they like to burn stuff... A few guys in our group had so pretty bad ass cameras, so hopefully I'll have some pics up next week. Isnt that exciting??

So of course the other good thing about the end of the course is that I'll finally get to head back home. (I cant believe I'm saying this but...) As much as I've enjoyed the break it will be nice to be able to get back on the bike and keep putting the work in. I'm also looking foward to actually being able to eay some veggies as we have been given donuts for breakfast and sandwiches, chips, and cookies for lunch everyday. A couple of days is OK, but by day four of no fiber, I'm ready for a salad. Additionally it will be nice to get back to a pool with a reasonable temperature.

No comments: