Thursday, May 15, 2008

The drive home...

First of all, a big "thank you" goes out to Wide World of Andrew reader Jose Fuentes for hooking me up with a pool pass. While I was finally able to get in the pool, yesterday's swim was less than stellar chances are things wouldnt have been any better today. However Jose, who lives in Macon, was kind enough to give me a pass to his gym, the Northfield Welness Center. So after finishing up with the conference I stopped in for an afternoon swim and it felt great.

Unfortunately then I still had a 5h drive ahead of me which wasnt helped at all by rain and Atlanta rush hour traffic. Hopefully these two trips in the last three weeks (especially the one this past week) won't hurt affect the race this weekend but you never know. The biggest problem with traveling right before a race isnt so much getting the workouts in as it is being thrown off your normal diet.

Either way, I'm excited to be heading down to Orlando tomorrow. Its always good to be able to see friends and family and this year I'm also looking foward to hanging out with Shawn and Tracy as Tracy was supposed to be racing but now it looks like she'll be sitting this one out. Get better Tracy!!

No comments: