Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome to Perry

Well, its official... Perry, GA is in the middle of nowhere. Of course the good news about this is that it was really easy to go biking. Just a couple minutes from my hotel and I was riding through horse farms, peach farms, walnut farms, pecan farms... you get the idea. There is quite a bit of agriculture in the area. Another indicator of this being a small southern town... I saw pig feel for sale in one of the local grocery stores. Thats right, pigs feet. I might just have to go back with my camera...

One benefit though of staying in a small town is that you usually get a bit more value from the hotel. I'm currently staying in a Holiday Inn and while it isnt the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at, they do have a complimentary breakfast buffett. And this isnt one of those have-ass oatmeal and stale bagel continental breakfast buffetts. We are talking pancakes, eggs, grits, homefries, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels, and buscuits and gravy! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to some pancakes again tomorrow morning :)

Speaking of food, because there is no good way to get from Huntsville to Perry, the quickest way to get here is actually go up to Chatanooga and then down through Atlanta. While I did find it a pain to have to go through Atlanta, it wasnt all that bad as I just happened to stop for dinner here. I swear, I just happened to get off at the right exit and drive 3/4 of a mile. Its not like I checked ahead online or anything...

No comments: