Thursday, January 10, 2008

After only easy running the last few weeks, it was nice to open it up a little last night. Of course one of the advantages of training with HR is that you can be blissfully ignorant about your actual pace and just pretend you are running fast. Eventually of course I'll have to face the music and head to the track, but no need to worry about that yet.

I also just decided to do the Mercedes Half Marathon on February 10th. It should be a good fitness test and a nice way to break up the training monotony. Hopefully I'll have a decent showing.

In other news... I got my Alabama driver's license this morning which means I am getting close to full assimilation to Alabama living. All I need is a pickup truck with a gun rack and I'll be all set!

2 comments:

Brendan Hogan said...

Ah, a little February half marathon action! I did Mercedes once and I have a feeling you're not going to like the flatness of that any more than you did in Williamsburg last year. At least there are no muddy off-road sections though. Good luck with it!

Andrew said...

Well, I think I'll be fine as long as its not 40F and raining...