Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back to racing

Packing the bike is never fun but when I finished up last night I was admittedly more than a little excited. Why? Because packing the bike means its time to race. Its been a while since I last got to race so regardless of the fact that I wont be able to fully compete (more on that later), I'm still looking forward to the opportunity to mix it up in water with some fast dudes down in the Gulf of Mexico this weekend at St. Anthony's. Adding to the excitement is the fact that St. Anthony's really is one of the all time classic races and it takes place down in my home state, sunny Florida. To top it all off I'll get to see family and friends so it should be a fun weekend!

The one downside, which I alluded to earlier, is that I'll be only swimming and biking. I think I could probably jog the 10k but that would be pointless. Its a race and if I was going to run at all, I'd be running fast (or at least trying to run fast...). However that would likely place a little too much strain on my busted knee so I'll just have to save it for another day. Hopefully that day will be May 17th when I hope to race Florida 70.3. After running 30 minutes without pain, I'm hopeful I'm on the path to recovery. Incidentally, as you can see, there is a lot of "hope." I'd be more concrete about it but I really just dont want to jinx anything...

Finally, I already have dinner planned on Friday night:

1 comment:

Kyle M. said...

That has to be frustrating, not being able to compete fully, but I'm sure you'll be back in top form soon enough. Sounds like you're approaching it with the right attitude, though. :)

And regardless, best of luck this weekend with the swimming and biking portions! Just think of all the energy you won't have to spare for the running! That could be fun in itself, if you think of it not so much as 2/3 of a triathlon as you do back-to-back, extra-long swim and bike sprints.