Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb7-13

S: 26,000 yds
B: 4h 35min
R: 5h 11min

Total: 16h 37min

Overall it was a good week of training, capped by a decent race, the Mercedes Half Marathon, in Birmingham on Sunday. I ran 1:13:25, on the rolling course, good for 13th place in what was a pretty decent field.

I started out with a pretty big pack, which started to string out after about 4 miles, at which point I was running back and forth with one other guy. He eventually fell off and I focused my sights on two guys up the road. Around mile 9 I finally started reeling them in, passing first around mile 10.5 and the second a bit after 11. Then, a bit after 12 mile mark, the guy I passed at 10.5 came back on me and pulled away up the hill which makes up the majority of the last half mile. I attempted to sprint, but it was to no avail. Although I was hoping to go a bit faster, the time was about what I realistically thought I could run given the recent lack of fast training due to the leg issue. And while the result wasn't stellar, it was great to get in a hard effort and do a bit of racing.


No comments: