Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Friday

It's a busy Friday with TWSOTA and the QOTD rolled into one. Thanks LaShawn!

This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse:
6'3" tall Olympic 400m Gold Medalist LaShawn Merritt tests positive for an anabolic steroid and claims he unknowingly consumed it in an "over-the-counter male enhancement product", the Washington Post reports.

"To know that I've tested positive as a result of product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around," Merritt said in a statement released by his lawyer. "I hope my sponsors, family, friends and the sport itself will forgive me for making such a foolish, immature and egotistical mistake. Any penalty that I may receive for my action will not overshadow the embarrassment and humiliation that I feel inside."

That last sentence is golden. But the real question here is, why does a tall, black guy need "natural male enhancement"??? My advice to Mr. Merritt: Pick a different excuse!!!


No comments: