Monday, April 19, 2010

Apr12-18

S: 26,200 yds
B: 11h 26min
R: 4h 7min

Total: 22h 27min

Well after a week of running in the pool, the leg is feeling better. I ran 20 minutes this morning and felt "fine" (as fine as you can feel for a Monday morning...) so I'll plan on slowly increasing the distance the rest of the week in hopes that the pain will have vanished for good. As for the cause, I'm leaning towards the Bontrager cycling shoes I started using last winter. They are a bit on the wide side and while that was fine during the winter when I wore wool socks for a majority of my rides, it caused extra strain on my tendon once I switched to more normal thin socks. This, coupled with increase in duration and intensity of riding, was most likely the main culprit of the strain.

In other news, I finally took my new Orbea Ordu out on the road last weekend. It was, of course, tons of fun but I still need to make a couple of adjustments so I'm holding off posting pics until then. In the meantime here is a generic Ordu with the correct color scheme but wrong wheels, aerobars, and seat.

No comments: