Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept5-11

S: 26,900 yds
B: 10h 23min
R: 3h 52min (~33miles)

Total: 21h 20min

In my last post, my "long" run for the week before last was 40min, whereas this past week I went a solid 57min.  Additionally, I ended up with around 33 miles for the week, which although not spectacular is not trivial, either.  So while I'm pleased with how things are progressing, I realize there is still quite a bit of work to do before I'll be able to race.  I haven't even started thinking about pace yet, and I'll first need a couple more weeks of "just running" before I can (hopefully) start incorporating some faster stuff.  But, after watching all the great racing last weekend, especially the 70.3 World Championships, I'm definitely chomping at bit to get back to competing.

In other news, I start a new job this week! Beginning Friday, I'll be a MP&P Engineer at The Boeing Company. I'll be developing materials and processes for the Space Launch System (SLS), NASA's next heavy lift rocket. I'm excited to get started, but hopefully it won't get in the way of training too much...  

No comments: