If I'm alive when I'm 92, I'll be happy. If I'm still able to walk when I'm 80, I'll be ecstatic. If somehow I'm alive and can walk and can finish a marathon at 92, I'll consider myself very, very lucky!
I'm a strong believer in the power of positive thinking, and Gladys is a clear example of its positive effects. But if you dont trust me or Gladys, The Mayo Clinic lists the following benefits of positive thinking:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
So on that note... Happy Wednesday!