Wednesday, April 6, 2011

QOTD

"It's so important to think positive. It's easy to get discouraged and be negative," she said. "It makes such a difference in how you feel and your outlook on everything." -Gladys Burrill, who at 92 years old completed the Honolulu Marathon, earning her a spot in the Guinness World Records as the oldest person to complete a marathon.

If I'm alive when I'm 92, I'll be happy. If I'm still able to walk when I'm 80, I'll be ecstatic. If somehow I'm alive and can walk and can finish a marathon at 92, I'll consider myself very, very lucky!

I'm a strong believer in the power of positive thinking, and Gladys is a clear example of its positive effects. But if you dont trust me or Gladys, The Mayo Clinic lists the following benefits of positive thinking:

  • Increased life span
  • Lower rates of depression
  • Lower levels of distress
  • Greater resistance to the common cold
  • Better psychological and physical well-being
  • Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
  • Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
So on that note... Happy Wednesday!

No comments: