Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse....

It wasnt too long ago that new, exciting purchases included things like stereos, hats, DVD players, and other items which portrayed youthful exuberance. While this has still been seen a bit lately in my fairly recent acquisition of a flat screen LCD TV, other exciting "big ticket" items have been, well, less exciting.

First off, there is the the gas grill (thanks, Dad!) which, while awesome, certainly wouldn't be classified as a toy. Next on the list, the BA Jenn-Air refrigerator, is probably the dismal turning point from "cool toy" to "boring domesticated expenditure."

Yesterday, however, I sunk to a new low. I got all excited about purchasing a new washing machine.



Really? A washing machine? REALLY?? I know... sad but true. But such is life in suburbia.

To sum things up, I put together a little chart. Note the downward trend of Fun as a function of time (with the TV an obvious outlier):


On a bright note, I do have a couple of new bikes which should certainly help buck the trend. After all, if a new bike doesnt epitomize childhood joyfulness, I don't know what does.

4 comments:

Will said...

To be fair, that is a pretty cool looking washer.

khai said...

Dude, that washing machine is totally bad ass!

MarkyV said...

does it play music too?

and is it "internet ready?"

Andrew said...

Gee, thanks guys, that makes me feel sooo much better....

Mark: No and no. But I am trying to teach it to cook me an omelet.