Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb1-7

S: 27,500 yds
B: 6h 40min
R: 6h 25min

Total: 20h 18min

Ugh. It was another cold, rainy weekend and the motivation for bike riding just wasnt there. Saturday I managed some trainer time but Sunday I had to get outside. The weather sure wasnt helping but at least I had a SB party later in the day to get me out the door. 3h later and without feeling in my fingers and toes I was home and ready for some homemade chocolate chip cookies and beer.

On the bright side, I had a nice little 4 mile tempo run on Wednesday which I ran 5-7 sec/mile faster than I planned at the beginning. I felt good and just kind of cruised through it so I was pretty pleased to see my splits along the way. This was especially good news with the Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham coming up this Sunday. Initially I was a bit worried as I've only done a couple of hard running workouts but after that tempo run I'm hopeful for a reasonable performance.

No comments: