Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day


This post may be a bit cliche, but that doesn't mean its also not totally appropriate.  After all, while some people may occasionally stumble here, we all know there is really only one person I can be sure is reading.

So today, I'm giving a huge Thank You to my Mom.  Not just for giving me at least one reader, of course, but for all she has done and continues to do. Highlights:
  • Birth.  This is obvious, but still needs to be stated since without it, I literally wouldn't be here! 
  • Unwavering support. Throughout middle school, high school, college, graduate school, and continuing all the way to my current job, Mom has been there offering guidance but above all proving unwavering support. This was true in all aspects of my life, academic, professional, and athletic, and is despite the fact that I'm pretty sure she seriously questions some of those decisions. So although I'm sure she would prefer I spent a little less time training (or "working out") and would've rather I lived closer to Orlando, she still has always and continues to fully support my decisions. 
  • Practical advice. I can't begin to list all of the advice I've received, but I definitely don't go more than a couple of days without thinking of something she told me. But because I should list at least one, here it is: wear your sunscreen! 
  • Work ethic. If there was one trait above all others which she impressed on me growing up, it was that hard work is necessary to achieve one's goals and become successful in life. Of course it wasn't just talk; she lead by example.  When she decided she wanted to go back to work when my siblings and I started to get older, she worked as a realtor's assistant while taking classes for the required certification course to become a Realtor.  During this time, she learned as much as she could from the successful Realtors in her office, so that when she finally got her license, she knew what she would have to do to attract clients.  And sure enough, she was soon one of the top sellers in her office. 
    So there it is; I owe at least a part of any successes I've had to her.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Very awesome post!!!