Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov23-29

S: 13,000 yds
B: 1h 53min
R: 3h 9min
Golf: 18 holes
Basketball: 3 full court games
Football watched: ~12h

Total: 8h 27min

Another nice, relaxing week off. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I really enjoyed mine down in Ocala, FL with around 40 relatives from my mom's side of the family. I ate a lot and was also roped into numerous sporting events with uncles and cousins.

I was especially proud of myself, though, on Friday. For the first time ever I went for a run after having a couple of beers. Up to that point I had made a point to get all workouts done before commencing alcohol consumption but with a 7:15 AM tee time, running before golf just wasnt happening. So after a couple of ice cold Budweisers on the back nine, I returned home from golf and went out for an easy 50min before the Iron Bowl kicked off at 2:30. While it ended up being not quite as bad as I had anticipated, I dont plan on making this a regular occurence.

Looking ahead, this week will be another down week before we get back to business and begin the prep for 2010. In the meantime, I'll be getting my race schedule together and enjoying some more stress-free workouts.

2 comments:

Jayson said...

The real question: What did you shoot?

Andrew said...

Short answer: 105

Long answer: I actually started with 2 pars in the first 3 holes which is awesome for me, especially considering I hadn't played in ~3 years. However, I quickly regressed towards my mean. Needless to say, there is a reason I gravitated towards cross country in high school...