Monday, December 12, 2011

Dec5-11

S: 16,600 yds
B: 4h 32min
R: 4h 50min

Total: 12h 41min

Welcome to 2012! After the annual hiatus, its back to real training.

2011 was, admittedly, a tough year.  I started off with a little injury which kept me from New Orleans 70.3. Then, when I thought things were coming together through Florida 70.3 and the Rock & Roll Half, I was  ignoring another injury. Continuing on, I raced a couple more 70.3s which only worsened the situation to the point where I couldn't bike or run without pain. 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas was out of the question, as I was barely able to return to running by then, and therefore certainly wasnt in shape to race. By October I was finally back to running consistently without pain, but by then the tri season was all but over, and, well, that was that. I "raced" a couple of local running races for fun, but didn't have the time to get in the training required to get back to top form.

So, here we are. 2011 was disappointing, but that only makes me want to make up for it that much more in 2012. So in an effort to shake things up, I've got a pretty big change on the way, but that will have to wait for another post.....