Monday, June 21, 2010

Jun14-20

S: 30,000 yds
B: 7h 27min
R: 6h 22min
Naps: 4h 18min

Total: 21h 43min

The training load plus the real work load seemed to catch up to me this week as there were two days when I came home from work, sat down, and promptly fell asleep for over an hour. Sleep is awesome and I need to get more of it. However, its never fun to wake up at 10min until 6PM and know you still have 1-2h of training before dinner and bed as it can create a vicious cycle. The nap means the workout(s) get started later and end later which pushes dinner and bedtime out as well. But that, of course, is just the way it goes. At least on the weekends I can take mid-day naps which are oh-so-much-more delightful.

This weekend is BSLT 70.3 which I'm looking forward to despite the work-induced lack of cycling. Hopefully I can get some sleep between now and then. On a brighter note, I should be fully acclimated to the heat as it has been quite toasty here in the Tennessee valley. Should be just like HS CC practice all over again!

No comments: