Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jan30-Feb5

S: 23,800 yds
B: 5h 23min
R: 4h 18min

Total: 16h 6min

Back at it! Another week of FAST swimming, biking, and running. Well, trying to be fast, at least. If nothing else the short, fast stuff is fun, but it does leave a much more acute soreness than the longer tempo paced efforts.

While having fun this is still training, which means there is still (or at least should be) an actual race at some point. So why not start this weekend? The Mercedes Marathon and Half Marathon are this weekend down in Birmingham, so I'm headed down to race the half. I've done this race the past few years, so it should give me a good indication of where I am relative to where I was last year.

Goals? As usual, cautious optimism is the way to go. One on hand, I'm trying to be cautious after missing so much time last year and so far this year not doing much half marathon specific training. On the other hand, I've been feeling good, running injury free, and lets face it... running fast is just a lot more fun.

No comments: