Wednesday, September 1, 2010

PowerBar ProteinPlus Protein Powder Review

A few months ago I arrived home to find an unexpected package sitting at my door. Inside was a bottle of PowerBar's new "ProteinPlus Protein Powder" in Chocolate flavor. PB had decided to send out some samples ahead of their product launch and needless to say, I was pretty excited.

So I guess I should write a review. I have to say, I like the stuff, which is evidenced by the fact that I went through the sample in no time and was begging my PB rep for more before any was available. I was pleased with the mild taste. Some protein powders have a pretty gross, metallic aftertaste but that wasn't a problem here. At the same time, it wasnt too sweet, either. I mainly mixed mine with milk for a protein-packed chocolate milk or in a smoothie. I really like adding it to smoothies because the blender does a much better job of mixing.

Additionally, the nutrition facts are pretty straightforward: protein with a bit of sugar to make it palatable:




Finally, one of my favorite smoothie recipes. This is a classic but still oh-so-delicious.

1 bananna
4-5 frozen, partially thawed strawberries
1/4 cup orange juice or milk
1 scoop Protein Plus Protein Powder
1 Tbs cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanuts or almonds (optional)
14/ cup ice

And now, for the shameless plug. If you want to give it a shot, PB currently has a "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" deal going on through PowerBar.com. Check here for details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very hungry now after reading this post :)

Unknown said...

Thanx for ur post, ya i read somewhere Protein Powders are beneficial. They provide your body with protein that the food you eat may not be providing. buy i wann know, is Protein Powders benificial for body building ???